Balco Australia Pty Ltd is a major supplier of hay and straw products to international markets. Balco is an equal opportunity employer with a strong focus on workplace health and safety and ensuring the quality of our product. We are currently seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join the Balco production team based at Raywood, VIC.
These roles would suit people looking for shift working arrangements (12 hr shifts) including a rotating day/night roster. Casual roles are available with the potential for ongoing work. We pay a competitive above Award hourly rate combined with penalty rates and overtime opportunities.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Complying with all Work Health Safety requirements
- Ensuring accuracy and conformance with prestart checks and plant inspection processes
- Regular review and maintenance of hygiene requirements in and around production facilities
- Ensuring timely and safe movement of product within production and finished goods facilities
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of problems with plant and equipment
- Ensuring positive and professional attitude towards all team members
- Providing timely and positive assistance to other team members to manage peaks in demand
The successful applicant(s) will need to possess the following attributes:
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to safety, quality and performance
- High Risk Work Licence – Forklift / Loader
- Self-motivation, initiative and effective teamwork
- Literacy and numeracy skills
You will be responsible for moisture testing and preparing hay samples, data entry and weighbridge (receivables) duties.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Some knowledge of farming practices (cropping / hay production) preferred
- A good work ethic
- Excellent time management
- Sound communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Current Driver’s License
- Fit and able to fulfill duties across various shifts all days of the week
Relevant ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidates.
Applications close 5:00pm 17 October 2023*.
*Shortlisting will commence immediately, and the role may be filled prior to the advertised close date if the right candidates are identified.
Telephone enquiries: For more information please contact Emma Fry, Balco Raywood Office, on 03 5431 2016.
Applications: Please email your application with the position title only as the email subject to: email@example.com.